Priorities and Goals
All students will meet or exceed grade level standards.
- Use evidence-based instructional strategies, materials and technology to engage, support and challenge all students for academic success.
- Foster consistent and timely two-way communication with students and families regarding student progress.
- Encourage, support and recognize students for academic, social and emotional growth, success, citizenship and attendance.
- Engage parents in activities that will empower them to assist their children with identified needs.
Provide a safe and healthy learning and working environment to maximize student learning.
- Further implement the Facilities Master Plan to ensure a safe and well-maintained physical environment.
- Refine and implement the Technology Master Plan to support innovation and foster the use of technology as a tool to enhance and personalize instruction and improve learning.
- Work with community partners in developing and implementing plans for emergency preparedness, health and safety.
- Establish and maintain inclusive learning environments that are physically, academically and emotionally safe.
- Prioritize the District and site budgets to meet the needs of students while maintaining fiscal solvency.
- Efficiently allocate resources (i.e. facilities, equipment, supplies, staff, etc.) to support student learning.
- Conduct periodic budget review workshops with staff, labor organizations, community and the Board of Trustees to maintain transparency and support a collaborative process.
- Continually monitor all district staffing levels, enrollment, revenues and expenditures.
- Ensure alignment with local, state and federal spending plans, minimize deficit spending and maintain the legally-required reserves.
Students, families, staff and community will foster respect, trust and a sense of integrity and inclusion.
- All stakeholders will be respected, valued and treated as integral and equal partners in the organization.
- Build trust through collaborative relationships with constructive interactions and positive behaviors.
- Foster a climate where open communication and innovation are valued, encouraged and supported.
Parent and Family Involvement
- The District and schools will maintain an equitable atmosphere where families are supported, valued, engaged and respected.
- Maximize the use of parent centers at all school sites to increase parental involvement.
- Effectively utilize school and district websites, social media and other forms of communication.
- Maintain and maximize a strong home-school connection through professional development and family outreach.
- Maintain a partnership with families to ensure student success through the implementation of formal agreements involving staff, students and parents.
The Hawthorne School District community will continue to strengthen existing partnerships while establishing new relationships.
- Promote our strengths through communication and participation in local and regional events to recruit and retain students and partnerships.
- Embrace the community by maintaining an open-door policy to foster trust and confidence in the District.
- Empower parents, students, staff and other representatives to promote district accomplishments throughout the community.
- Maintain and further develop partnerships with community leaders for the benefit of our students.