Employee Absence Management
Absence Management: 1-800-942-3767
User ID: 10 digit phone number PIN: 4 or 5 digit number
Online: (2 options below)
Frontline SSO (HSD email)
User ID SSO: HSD email Password: Same as your HSD password
Frontline ID (Substitutes or Personal email)
User ID Frontline ID: Personal email or Frontline ID Password: Your Frontline password
Creating and Canceling an Absence
- Employees may create an absence up to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Absence cancellation deadline is no later that 60 minutes (1 hour) prior to the scheduled start time.
- If the absence was not created and/or cancelled within the deadline, the employee must contact their school's Office Manager so that the absence can be entered in Absence Management. REMINDER: It is ALWAYS the employee's responsibility to enter their own absence in Absence Management.
- Selecting Absence Reasons:
Per District Policy, the following Absence Reasons require a note to administrator. The note MUST be entered online and should indicate a brief explanation of the absence.
- Pregnancy Disability
- Personal Necessity: Other
- Personal Necessity: Surgery
- Personal Necessity: Personal Accident
- Personal Necessity: Family Member Death
- Personal Necessity: Court Appearance
- School Business
- An hourly employee must enter the specific start and end times of their absence in Absence Management. This applies to both the Absence Management Phone System and online.
Employees Working at Multiple Sites
- When entering an absence, think of "days" as "Absence Requests". The employee MUST create an Absence Request for EACH school site.
Example: Single Day Absence
Absence Management asks for the number of days, but enter the number of Absence Request instead. For this example, enter 2, because a single day absence at two schools is equal to two Absence Requests.
Unless you are working full day at one school site, you may NOT enter a full day absence. You must select Half Day AM for one site then Half Day PM for the other site.
Food Services Workers, Playground Supervisors & Van Drivers
- Note that the default start and end times in Absence Management reflect your District contract hours.
- When creating a FULL DAY absence, you may leave the default start and end times as is (i.e. 8:00am - 11:00am, etc).
- If you are reporting a partial absence, indicate the ACTUAL start and end times of the absence.
School Business and Conferences/Workshops
- Teachers/Employees scheduled for School Business or attending a Conference/Workshop for AT LEAST half the day (Half Day AM/Half Day PM) must report the assignment in Absence Management. Remember that an Absence Reason of "School Business" and "Conference/Workshop" requires a brief explanation and MUST be entered online (Notes to Administrator section). Once the assignment is created in Absence Management, a PAR and a CAR must be signed by the Site Administrator and submitted to Ed. Services so that an appropriate funding source can be attached to the assignment.
Procedure for Creating Absences for Jury Duty
- Employees are to send a PAR to Payroll to inform of upcoming Jury Duty. This will serve as an advanced notice. When the employee is notified of the ACTUAL Jury Duty day, he/she is responsible for entering the absence in Absence Management. In addition, documentation of the employee's Jury Duty assignment must be sent to the District Office as soon as the Jury Duty assignment is completed. Otherwise, Jury Duty will be deducted from the employee's sick time - this has been the procedure prior to Absence Management. NOTE: A school site is only allowed ONE Jury Duty employee absence per day.
FMLA/Workers Compensation/Pregnancy Disability
- Employees are to create the first ten (10) absence days as ILLNESS. Proper paperwork/documentation (i.e. medical document, doctor's note, etc.) must be sent to the District Office. Once it has been confirmed, Payroll will modify the Illness to the appropriate Absence Reason. The Principal will then receive an email for approval (Level 1 approval). Once it has been approved by the Principal, Mr. Rohrer will be notified via email and the absence must also be approved by him (Level 2 approval).
Personal Necessity Leave:
Maximum of seven (7) days of accumulated Sick Leave may be used during any one school year by a unit member in cases of personal necessity. Prior approval is required and explanation must be included (under Notes to Administrator) when creating the absence in Absence Management.
Certificated Paid Personal Business Days:
Unit members shall be granted five (5) days a year, designated as Paid Personal Business Days, to be drawn from sick leave, to be used for reasons personal and private at the discretion of the unit member. These days may be used on any day with the exception of the first and last days of school, the day prior to or following a legal or local holiday, or other days when such an absence would have a negative impact due to a previously scheduled event or activity. Prior arrangements should be made when necessary.
Classified Paid Personal Business Days:
Unit members shall be granted two (2) days a year to be drawn from Personal Necessity Days to be used for reasons personal and private, at the discretion of the unit member. These days may be used on any day with the exception of the first and last days of the school year, the day prior to or following a legal or local holiday, or other days when such an absence would have a negative impact due to a previously scheduled event or activity.